The Year 2019 marked the onset of deadly viral pandemic, one that killed more than 4 million and infected more than 8 million people, one that altered our lives in small and enormous ways and changed the whole world’s path. Today, almost 2 years later, this pandemic is ongoing & taking precautions like wearing a mask is as important as ever.
COVID-19 as we all know by now is an infectious disease which spreads from an infected person’s mouth or nose when they cough, sneeze, speak or breathe. Its Signs & symptoms may range from mild symptoms including fever, cough, runny nose & headache to severe critical ones leading to respiratory failure & death.
Precautions against covid include proper hygiene, social distancing & most importantly, wearing a mask. Face Masks have proven to be a very effective means of controlling the pandemic, as it protects you from contacting the virus and from spreading it as well.
There’s a lot we still don’t know about the coronavirus, this has of course led to a lot of different information. However, one thing for sure is, wearing a mask is definitely with no doubt still a must, even after the development of vaccines & here’s why;
- The virus is mutating and new strains are evolving
- No vaccine offers 100% protection so the risk of getting COVID-19 after vaccination isn’t zero
- There is limited data regarding how effective vaccines are against the delta strain & vaccines that have been distributed are less effective against delta, so it makes sense for vaccinated people to wear masks
- There is no available enough evidence regarding how infectious a vaccinated person who caught corona is.
- A Face mask may offer added protection against getting sick. There are no known risks to wearing it.
- Since you can’t always tell who is vaccinated and who is not, telling everyone to wear a mask can help stop the spread of the virus by people who are infected but don’t have any symptoms.
What To Look For In Your Face Mask:
- Has two or more Protective layers
- Completely covers your nose and mouth
- Fits snugly against the sides of your face and doesn’t have gaps
- Has a nose wire toprevent air from leaking out of the top of the mask
The Short Answer is, we wear a mask to comply with local health guidelines , but that’s not really the right answer , wearing a mask goes way beyond ‘rules’ , it’s about protecting your loved ones & yourself , it’s about protecting the 90 year old with multiple health problems , who has been quarantined for over a year , so wear your face mask , but more importantly choose the right face mask & needless to say , we’ve always got you covered.