If there is one thing in your appearance that says A LOT about your personality, it would be your hair. I mean, straight hair and curly hair are VERY different people; on the other hand, short hair and long hair are two different styles. Have you ever met a red head who was not fun? Or a curly hair that was not warm hearted? Well, maybe you have, but have you ever met someone who regrets taking care of their hair? This you DID NOT, and that’s why well blog about it.
Just like your skin care routine, your hair routine is based on your hair type and hair concern
To start it off with hair types , your hair type Is classified based on your curl pattern , type 1 means straight hair , type 2 is slightly curled , described as wavy , moving to type 3 which is curly and type 4 known as coiled .
The curlier and more porous your hair is, the more dry its texture tends to be, the more likely you are to need intense, regular moisturizing to keep it healthy & hydrated . On the other hand, the straighter your hair is the more likely it is to become oily and greasy, increasing the chance to trap dirt and other particles, so it tends to require washing more often.
Moving to hair concerns, besides hair type, your choice of hair products greatly depends on your hair concern.
Types of hair concerns
- Dandruff [ oily / dry ]
- Hair loss
- Split ends
- Dry & brittle hair
- Oily hair
- Colored hair
- Psoriatic Skin
Now let’s talk products, just like skin, hair products are countless, ranging from masks to oils to serums. Your choice is based on your hair type, concern, and well, experience, knowing your hair and finding its tolerance… In general, a good hair routine consists of:
- Deep moisturizing conditioner
- Protein based treatments
- Oil massages
- Weekly protective masks
Last But Not Least , Besides Hair Care Products, you day to day lifestyle is a changing point and they tremendously make a difference, so here are some tips to keep your hair healthy.
- Oil massage, it’s very important to oil your hair once weekly to hydrate it and nourish it, essential oils such as Coconut , tea tree & Argan are recommended
- Trim your hair , every 2-3 months cutting off split ends is essential to make it grow faster
- Avoid tying your hair too often or using heat on it too often
- If you dye your hair, choose a shade that’s within three shades of your natural color.
- Try to avoid shampoos with harsh ingredients, such as ammonium lauryl sulfate or sodium lauryl sulfate.
- Take care of your diet , a diet rich in iron , zinc , protein & omega not only thickens and adds volume to your hair but provides it with all the essential nutrients it desires
- Use warm , not hot nor very cold water to wash your hair
- Go natural as much as possible, avoid using heat curlers or straighteners, they can lead to brittle, damaged hair.
Your hair is as important as your skin so having a hair care routine is a must, it might take weeks or even months to attain healthy thick hair , but definitely worth the time and effort . Invest in your hair, you wear it every day.